Joseph Montedonico, a Washington D. C. native, is a member of the Arizona, Utah, Washington, D.C. and Maryland Bars. In addition he is a member of The Navajo Nation Bar Association; and Hopi Tribal Court Bar.
He is an experienced civil litigator and has been recognized by his peers for his expertise in this field for over 25 years.
- Law Clerk to Judge Ralph G. Shure, Senior Judge, Montgomery County, Maryland
- DONAHUE, EHRMANTRAUT & MONTEDONICO- ROCKVILLE, MARYLAND & WASHINGTON, D.C.. After retirement of Mr Donahue and Mr Ehrmantraut, the firm became Montedonico & Mason which evolved into a 65 person lawyer firm practicing in Maryland, DC, Delaware, and Virginia. That firm then evolved into Montedonico, Belcuore and Tazzara, with offices in D.C. and practice in Maryland and Virginia. This later firm was voluntary dissolved in March 2010.
- Mr. Montedonico has been the Senior Attorney in the various firms above. The practice of the firms was primarily civil trial litigation with a major component being defense of doctors, hospitals, and health care providers, personal injury and product liability claims.
EDUCATION: University of Maryland, BS Degree 1962, JD Degree 1965
AWARDS, PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND PRACTICE MEMBER:
- ARIZONA’S BEST LAWYERS” 2011 - 2013, supplement to The Arizona Republic and The Wall Street Journal.
- American Board of Trial Advocates;
- American Inns of Court (Master Teacher);
- International Who’s Who of Professionals;
- “THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA" selected for over 20 years;
- Who’s Who in American Law;
- "BEST LAWYERS IN WASHINGTON, DC", “Washingtonian Magazine for over 10 years, 2008 selected as one of
- “TOP 35 LAWYERS IN WASHINGTON, DC", 2008 - (out of 68,000 attorneys);
- Member of The International Academy of Trial Lawyers (limited to 500 lawyers & judges internationally).
- Honored by the D. C. Medical Society in 2004 for Outstanding Service to The Community and Health Care Providers.
MEDIATION; Trained Court Mediator, Superior Court Washington, D.C., and US District Court, Washington D.C.. for over 20 years.
Private Mediation Arizona, Mediation Services of Arizona, for 5 years.
- TEXT BOOK, ‘Medical Malpractice and Health Care Law in the District of Columbia” 1987; Anesthesiology Clinics ‘Legal Considerations of Outpatient Anesthesia;
- TEXT BOOK, ‘Surgical Pathology’ 2 volume text, ‘Medical/Legal Principals and Problems’, 1990, by Churchill Livingstone Publishing .
LECTURES AND SEMINARS: Mr. Montedonico has lectured in over fifteen states to lawyers, nurses, physicians and hospital personnel regarding issues of malpractice, how to avoid being sued, and issues of Informed Consent, and has presented multiple ‘mock trial’ situations as a teaching tool. He also gives legal presentations to graduating nurses at Coconino Community College.